Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love Is What We Are


"Love is neither learned nor taught.  We are created in and of love.  It is what we are." - Eric Butterworth

Sometimes I don't feel like I am love; sometimes I don't feel like loving, especially when I'm faced with a perceived challenge.  I feel irritated and frustrated, and I think I know why at the time.  But then, I sit in the reality--what is real to me.  I look within, only to find out that I am actually irritated with the idea of the challenge; so, I pull the challenge apart, piece by piece, in my thoughts, deciphering it.

You know what I find?  I find that I'm attached to a specific outcome of the perceived challenge. When I release and let go of the attachment, I feel free.  When I open my mind and heart--relaxing my shoulders, my back, softening my heart and mind, and letting go of expectations--love shines through; I feel Divine Presence all around me, in me and through me. 

I feel my light shining; I feel the love glowing.  Even in perceived darkness, I see the light.  How?  I am carrying it with me, lighting my path, and for this:  I AM grateful to be love.  Love is what we are.

3 comments:

Gayle at Planet M Files said...

Beautiful, Vickie!

Shell said...

This is true. Once you let go of perceived outcomes, you can let all that love flying back in.

SE'LAH... said...

love is the answer
to every thing.

sending you love!