Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Really, How Can I Help You?

(Photo by Se'lah Greenaway)

Their sweet voices, their beautiful words, and their message of love resonated deep in my heart. kRi & hettie, the musical duo sensation, gifted me with musical selections of poetry and song.  I’ve played their CD for two days after I first purchased it; it soothed my soul.

Immediately after my first service at Unity Church North, I introduced myself to kRi & hettie, and then I made my way to the lower level of the church to purchase their CD.  I had to have it, and my heart filled with gratitude because I actually had the money to buy one!

I left the table after signing their guest registry, and a woman stopped me to ask how much I paid for the CD.  I responded, “Ten dollars.” She showed me a distorted facial expression.  I read it clearly; she didn’t have the money to buy it.  As I continued walking, I heard the sweet voice within say, “Buy it for her.”  But, I continued walking simply because of fear and doubt.  What will she think when I buy that CD for her?  She doesn’t know me from a can of paint, I thought.

I returned to the main level of the church because I forgot to turn in my guest card with all of my contact information on it.  I felt the Presence of Divine Source.  In response to feeling regret for not buying that CD for the woman, I said, “God, I desire to do what I feel.  I will always act upon what I feel because I know it is the guidance of Divine Source.”

Deep in thought and gratitude, I slowly walked down the steep hill to my car in back of the church when I saw a familiar woman in a blue and white flowery dress exiting from the lower-level door. She greeted me with a smile, and I said, “Are you the one that asked me about the price of the CD?”  She laughed out loud and said, “Yes, I am.”  I walked toward her, and said, “Come on.  Let’s go get that CD.  I’m going to buy it for you.”  She said, “Are you kidding me?”  I said, “Nope.”  I put my left arm around her shoulders as she held my right hand, and we walked back into the church.

Her name is Elizabeth.  She began telling Kri of kRi & hettie that I decided to buy her the CD.  She said, “She’s never seen me before!”  Kri handed Elizabeth the CD; she then told me to keep my money.  “It is a gift to you both,” she said.  All three of us stood amazed about the beauty of giving and the power of love. 

Finally, I reached my car.  I sat in it giving thanks for the opportunity to be of service.  I asked during meditation that morning, “How can I be of service?” I had been guided to Unity North Church that day. I’ve heard often that instead of trying to get something, focus on giving, and all of your needs will be met.  I’m a witness!

Really, how can I help you?

1 comment:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey you have already helped me today by sharing this beautiful story. I did this once for a stranger but when I bought the gift to give to her I then could not find her in the crowd. I still have the picture and every time I look at it I think of this stranger.
Isn't it amazing how your kindness spread and everyone received a Blessing by your act of love
Love
Maggie