Monday, February 1, 2010

"I Love You" Month - Ms. Kim


For a long time I wanted to write about his spectular woman but there weren't any words within me that could begin to measure the respect, love and admiration I have for her. When you are gifted with a person in your life that strives to see love and only love in everything and everybody, it's only a matter of time before you aspire to see the same love.

Kim has been my "bestest" friend for over twenty years. We have cried together, laughed together until we held our bladders and yes we have even disagreed, but we never once stopped being friends, "sistafriends." Neither of us won't let that happen. My sister Doris who has left this world coined the word, "sistafriend," or maybe she got it from somewhere, I'm not sure. But Doris used "sistafriend" to describe Kim simply because she was closer than our friend.

My sistafriend loves God with all her heart and has the strength and confidence to stand boldly in the love that heals all! I'm so grateful that her spirit chose me and and my spirit chose her to reflect on this gift called life together and we have a great time doing it!

My daughter calls Valentine 's Day, "I love you" day so I decided to call February, "I love you" month along with Black History Month. I wanted to reflect on the people that I love just because...

So, I'm sending love to all of you and all the joy that is within all of you wonderful Beings, I pray that it shines brightly!!

7 comments:

sunnymama said...

Kim sounds a very special friend. Happy "I love you" Month! :)

My Inspirational Monday post is Inspiring links.

SE'LAH... said...

hi Kim!

Nice to finally put a face with the wonderful stories I've heard about you.

lots of love to you...and to you too Vchelle.

xo

Anonymous said...

I am forever grateful for your love and all your special gifts & talents. I am truly blessed to have you in my life. We share a love & bond for life! I am also thankful for my God child and your beautiful daughter Jannah who is an extension of you with the love she possess.

Love,
Your Sistafriend

Wanda said...

We all need more sistafriends. Glad to meet one of yours.

Gayle said...

What a sweet tribute to Kim! And, such a sweet comment from her here!

Cam said...

Such a beautiful way to honor your love for each other! Sistafriends are the BEST!

You know, those qualities you mention about Kim, you can see them in the light that shines from her eyes...

margie said...

i love my sistafriend. as you know we share one and she too is full of love and strength.