Friday, November 25, 2011

Light Moments



My brother told me recently that he doesn't ask anyone for help because he doesn't feel comfortable with others thinking he owes them something for their help. I listened closely and tried not to interject my ideas. I have to admit it was difficult to remain quiet, but I did. We then started discussing how he seldom has a bad day. He said, "Every day I wake up is a day to be happy so since I awake every day, I'm happy." I smiled. I am excited to hear his words echo in my heart.

Instead of focusing on his perception regarding "receiving help," I am thrilled that I am able to appreciate with love my brother who is happy every day he wakes up. I choose to celebrate his life by accepting his growth and evolvement as is.

Sometimes we don’t need to project our ideas, beliefs or even truths on to anyone. All we have to do is listen sometimes and allow Divine Love, Intelligence, and Beauty to shine through. I see my brother’s little light shining so brightly. This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine!  This was my lesson.

2 comments:

Electra Ford said...

Vickie,

I loved this post. I'm also learning this lesson; silence is an intelligent activity.

Thanks for your post.

SE'LAH... said...

deep listening is a true art...

i am thankful for each moment of life.

sending love + light your way Sistahfriend.