Sunday, December 20, 2009

Inspirational Monday: Quietness


Have you ever saw the movie, Nell? I went into my bedroom to locate my slippers and I just happened to catch the beginning of this movie. My husband, a serious television watcher, leaves the TV on even though no one is in the bedroom watching it. So, to my surprise, I watched a movie on a Sunday afternoon, which is very rare for me to watch television period.

I was captivated by this movie because life was so simple for "Nell" in the woods and livng in an old cabin by a beautiful river. She grew up from a child to an adult by herself. Humans came into her life wanting to "give her a better life." How better is simple, sweet, calming and beautiful?

During the end of the movie, she had to present her case to the courts as to why she should be left alone to live her life in the woods. Imagine! But one of the most beautiful things she said to the court and the people witnessing the case was, "What I see different in your world is that people yearn for quiet but don't know how to get it. You don't look into each other's eyes. Don't feel sorry for me." She looked at the people in the court when she said it.

Do you yearn for quietness? If so, look within your heart and ask for guidance to quietness, to peace, if you haven't already. I assure you stillness, peace and quietness are who we are!

Happy Inspirational Monday!

5 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm pretty good with quietness, even with the business of this season! I've never seen that movie. It sounds like a good one.

SE'LAH... said...

I have never seen this movie but thanks for the recommendation.

Peace and quiet are definitely treasures.

xo

ELK said...

so happy to stop in for a visit ..sounds like a lovely movie...photograph is stunning

sunnymama said...

A beautiful and inspiring post as always Vchelle.

My Inspirational Monday post is 50 festive links and a song. I also have a giveaway at my blog at the moment which I would love for you to enter. :)

Cam said...

I have seen Nell, and you are right, it is a beautiful movie, and moment that you speak of...

Bergen and I talk of finding a cabin in the mountains all the time. His idea of paradise is to enjoy the scenery, and peace & quiet. Mine is the beach, but I am willing to compromise...

Happy Holidays to you, and your family!