Friday, September 11, 2009

Conscious Friday: I want the same for you.


I had the best gift for my pen pal for the "Gift of Jewels" project! I went to her website and knew immediately what I was going to do for her. Yes, it was perfect! I was so excited about sending it to her that I couldn't wait to get it in my hand. I visualized her face with such a sweet smile that it reflected the joy she felt in her heart and her soul. My aim was to make her entire Being glow. It felt so good inside to want something of excellence for someone I didn't even know. That's what we are here for everybody - to give and share overwhelming love and joy with each other.

Anyway, I wasn't able to send that perfect gift even after I waited two weeks for it . I was so disappointed that I really had to work on shaking that feeling and to not allow myself to place blame. I told myself, "Ok V, you just need a plan B that's all." That's all??? It was the perfect gift!!!

The person I relied on to help bring this special "Gift of Jewels" gift to life got sick. I was impatient and then it clicked, "How many times have I apologized because I was not feeling well?" I'm so glad that I became conscious of my selfish attitude and I practiced letting go and acceptiing that plan B will be just as good because it came from the same enthusiasm and the same Being.

My lesson is to call on my personal lessons to accept other lessons. We should be conscious of expecting things from other people based on our personal standards. Our standards are our beliefs - our egos, and we must operate from a place of understanding because there is a chance that someone had to be understanding and patient with us during the same scenario.

I'm conscious of wanting for my brother/sister the same I want for myself and that is peace, understanding, patience and love!

Happy Conscious Friday!

4 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

nice post. the beautiful thing about the "gift of jewels" is that it is all done out of love. that's all that truly matters.

thanks for sharing.

xo

Gayle said...

vchelle, you are such a wise woman. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us! Happy Conscious Friday!

sunnymama said...

As Gayle already said you are a very wise woman Vchelle and I feel so fortunate to consider you a friend.

Shell said...

Happy Conscious Friday. Your words as always are full of wisdom.