Monday, September 7, 2009

Inspirational Monday: Courage to Accept


I hope that all of you are well!

I can’t believe that it’s been five days since I last post. It feels longer than that, I must admit. Writing here in Operation You reminds me of the joy I get from spreading light and love. You see, one must exercise love and rely on the beautiful light within to encourage others. In other words, I must bring into existence the very words that come from my soul and act on them myself. “Operation You” keeps me honest!

I also realize that it takes a heaping amount of courage to encourage someone and for me that someone is you. Through meditation and prayer, I feel it in my bones that in my essence, encouraging others is one of my gifts to give in this life. With courage and great conviction, I accept!

A couple of years ago, someone (she’s a doctor of metaphysics) that I admire personally and I was extremely excited to talk with told me that I was courageous. I laughed out loud! Me??? “Ah, I don’t think so,” I told her. Fast forward to now. From her perspective, I understand now. I understand and accept with deep humility! It takes courage to travel opposite of norm. It takes courage to look deep within and yes, it can be painful and downright excruciating, but the rewards of cleaning out the cobwebs in order to live our true and authentic selves are astounding! I’m not at my full potential; none of us are, but realizing that our lives are about living up to that potential and bringing it forth is a huge step in the right direction on our journey to peace.

I write from my heart, my soul, my Being this morning that it takes an incredible amount of courage to accept our purpose in this world as we know it. The most extraordinary thing about our journey is that the love, patience, beauty and compassion that carries us - that’s within us – that surrounds us – that created every living thing is the beautiful Presence that’s rooting for us, that’s cheering us on and that is equipping us with what we need to just BE! All we have to do is accept! We already have the courage, just quietly look within.

Happy Inspirational Monday!

7 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

What a beautifully written piece. Thanks for inspiring is to reach our fullest potential.

Wanda said...

Isn't it amazing that it takes so much courage for us to be authentic! I am with you on this path, my sistah friend.

Dori said...

You are courageous and you inspire me to look within...deeper and deeper. Thank you for being you and sharing your beauty with us :-)

Gayle said...

You do encourage me and inspire me, vchelle! I thank you so much for that!

Barbara Williams said...

Hi Vickie,

Keep on sending us your words of wisdom. I was just thinking I should stop doing so much, but then I looked up to the Lord and he guided me to your page. Your words perked me up! Thanks for being there like you always have been there as my friend. I love you!

Barbara Williams

Cam said...

Good Tuesday Afternoon, friend!!

Are you enjoying cooler temperatures yet? The nights have gotten so pleasant that it has become virtually impossible to stay indoors rather than out on the porch!

I feel the same peace when I come here and read your words as I do when I am reading our dear soulbrother Eckhart. Good vibes indeed, Ms V!!

I hope you enjoy this beautiful day. Sending you a thousand little red sparkly hearts that float on the breeze...

sunnymama said...

You always inspire me! Thank you for sharing your courage :)

My Inspirational Monday post was Children's Work.