Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inspirational Monday: Conversation with Innocence

It has been such a special weekend. I had a major breakthrough where my body was not reacting to the thoughts in my mind which felt like sand weighing on my neck, shoulders and down my spine. Lightness swirled around me a like a feather blowing in the wind. I smiled with such joy and I was intimately grateful!

My nieces and daughter were painting and drawing while I was making dinner today and needed more spaghetti sauce, one of their favorite meals. So, I took a drive to the corner store and my daughter jumped up from her play partners and said, “Mommy, I’m going with you.” I said, “Sweetie, I’m coming right back.” She persisted, “Let me get my shoes.” I waited for her. I found it odd that my nieces had no desire to jump in the car. A trip to the corner store meant a possible chance to get their favorite candy. Only now I see with my mind’s eye that I was about to have a conversation with innocence.

Jannah and I opened the doors to my car and landed our feet on the parking lot of Dollar General and she looked down immediately and said, “Mommy, what is all of these little white things all over the ground?”

“Cigarettes,” I told her wondering if she had ever seen anyone smoke a cigarette before as I knew that would be her next question.

“Why do they throw them on the ground? We have to protect the Earth.”

“Yes we do sweetheart. Yes we do.” I hurried into the store looking at how my three-year-old daughter studied all of the cigarette butts the aligned our paths into the store.

As we shopped quickly, I thought about how many people do not think that throwing cigarettes on the ground is pollution but yet, a three-year-old little girl thought deeply of how easy it is to use the trash can to “protect the Earth.”

Touched by Jannah’s wise innocence as I acknowledged the lightness I felt at the moment, I asked her, “When mommy feels sad, what should I do?”

“Think about me Mommy.” I smiled at her and said thank you. Then she said, “I love you Mommy.”

“I love you more, Jannah.”

I started the engine to my car and drove while she snapped pictures of me with her instant camera we just purchased.

Wisdom not only comes from the mind, but it also comes in the form of innocence. The energy of the innocence operates at a high vibratory frequency level that is steady, strong, and unwavering and it continuously releases joy, love, happiness and peace into this life. Innocence has its place and we are to cherish it and allow it to remind us that it exists and always has existed in all of us.

Breathe deeply and look within to have a conversation with innocence and then smile with gratitude!

Happy Inspirational Monday!

8 comments:

Gayle said...

What a precious conversation you had with Jannah. She is such a sweetie! I love the photo. My youngest son has a bear that looks just like Jannah's. The bear is tucked away in a closet now, but my memories of him will never be tucked away.

Dori said...

Jannah is so wise. A conversation with innocence is a conversation with the truth :) Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful moment with us.

SE'LAH... said...

I am with Jannah...one of my biggest pet peeves is driving down the highway or road and someone flicks their cigarette butts out the window. Even worse if it lands on my car but there are tons of forest fires that are started this way and I think it's utterly inconsiderate on so many levels.

Thanks Jannah for speaking up.

Great post V.

sunnymama said...

Jannah is such an angel :)

My Inspirational Monday post is Home Eduction Blog Carnival.

julochka said...

that is indeed an inspirational story. how precious is that? you must really be doing something right. :-)

margie said...

you are a lucky mommy to have such a sweet girl.

Cam said...

Dylan is the same way about litter. It makes me so proud to see him be concerned and looking out for our Mother...

Peace, friend!

Hope you have a beautiful, sunshiny Wednesday!!

kath said...

Give Jannah a kiss from Auntie Kath .... she is a smart little sweetie!
xo