Friday, October 2, 2009

Conscious Friday: My Scented Journey


I just realized that I hadn't posted for Conscious Friday! Me? I can't believe it.

So, when I realized that I have been absent minded, I thought I need to still post because after all, Se'Lah's Necessary Room gives me so much to think about. She helps me to definitely think outside of my flowery testimonies of peace (smile).

All kidding aside - the first topic that came to mind was the fact that my daughter and I tried to sleep on an air mattress last night and needless to say, we didn't get much sleep.

After tossing and turning for what seemed like a few hours, Jannah decided that the most comfortable spot for her to sleep was on me. Yes, she put her entire body on mine and was sleeping like an angel. Of course, I on the other hand, felt like the weight of a tree was preventing me from breathing. I rustled myself on to my feet with Jannah in arms to go downstairs to my niece’s bedroom so we both could get some sleep since her bed was now empty, which started out occupied.

Then "Mr. Anxiety" tapped into my brain. I began thinking about how much homework I needed to do after being pulled aside by one of my professors who recommended that I allot more time for my writing because she was sure that I could get an "A" in the class if I really make the proper time. Excuse me, did I say I was unhappy with my "B?"

I have bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and a boatload of "homework," which I would rather give the word “homework” the proper name. I'll say it begins with the letter "s" and ends with the letter "t." I'm sure you can figure the word out!

So, in order for me to maintain my self-proclaim Queen of Peace title, I am now visualizing my journey of grad school to be a pleasant road of beautifully scented flowers that take me to a rewarding and self-deserved place. When I visualize the actual destination of this "place,” I will let you know.

I'm consciously devoted to writing! Have I convinced you?

Happy Conscious Friday!

3 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

You will do fine in class...I just know you will. Visualizing with you.

one love...and don't worry about posting...you have a full plate.

xo

Gayle said...

Oh, vchelle, I think my kids would agree with you on the real word for homework!

sunnymama said...

I hope you are getting more sleep now! Thanks so much for finding the time to call by at my blog for a visit today. I know how busy you are and it's lovely to catch up. I have been busy too but am so pleased to stop by here and soak up some peace. :)