Monday, October 19, 2009

Inspirational Monday: Stay in the present moment

Staying in the present moment is really a challenge especially when we have things that constantly remind us to think. We think about the outcomes, we play the movie reels in our minds and we focus on what things could be instead of what is now. Worry stresses our mind and our bodies. Worry is incessive thinking on a specific subject or many subjects at once.

We can quiet our minds by taking a deep breath and let go. Feel the tension release from your shoulders. Know that if we focus on the real us, the powerful Beings that we are, we can not only overcome our challenges, but we can live to our fullest potential.

Stay in the present moment by not thinking. Stay in the present moment by spending qaulity time with you. When your thoughts begin to go down a path that is familiar to you and that makes you worry, shake your head as if you are shaking the thoughts right out and pay attention to what you are doing at that present moment. Stay in the present moment and accept those challenges with ease because that's when they dissipate.

Happy Inspirational Monday!

4 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

great reminders. trying to practise staying in the present. shaking the thoughts right out of my head.

thanks.

love ya.

Gayle said...

Excellent advice, vchelle.

Dori said...

I love this post. It is such a great reminder. I find myself in need of some of that head shaking sometimes so I'm gonna adopt your suggestion :)

Also, please drop by my blog. I have something there for you :)

The Silver Age Sara said...

I found your blog through Dori's and I had to come visit.
Staying in the present moment is so important for it is all we really have.
I can see why Dori admires you.