Friday, May 22, 2009

Conscious Friday: Random thoughts...

Ursula M. Burns is the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Xerox Corporation effective July 1, 2009. She is the first African-American woman to lead this Fortune 500 company. I don't know the exact number but I believe there are only about four female Black-American CEOs in the U.S. Does anyone know differently? Congrats to Ms. Burns!! I work in Corporate America and know about the struggles of breaking glass ceilings. Whatever our destination, we have the power to do it! I'm positive of that for all women!

I was listening to the security debate during a news segment on CNN between President Obama and former Vice-President Cheney and all I could think about was the fact that I've seen and heard more of Mr. Cheney since he's been out of office. Doesn't former Vice-President Cheney has medical challenges with his heart? I'm wondering why he just don't go and simply live! Believe me, he can afford to live in the luxury that most of us can only dream of (my #7 wish on my bucket list). Well, it confirmed my idea of who was actually running the show. He can't let go! President Bush gave a speech recently at a university where he mentioned how liberating it feels to be away from the Whitehouse. Interesting! I'm with you Mr. Former President!

In loving memory of those who lost their lives in battle to a greater cause, wishing their loved ones peace and serenity this Memorial Day!
Wishing you a peaceful Friday and a marvelous holiday weekend! And as always, sending you a boat load of harmony and love!

Happy Conscious Friday!

This powerful segment of consciousness is the brainchild of Se'Lah at Necessary Room.

6 comments:

Alycia said...

So absolutely true. How we all should be able to switch off, yet so many can't! I say give me holidays and time out ANY TIME! It's good for the mind and brilliant for the soul! Happy weekend to you! :)

SE'LAH... said...

I echo your sentiments for those who have died for the greater good throughout the world. Thank you for your service.

Thank you vchelle for reminding us of the true meaning behind celebrating Memorial Day.

Have a Conscious Friday and a divine weekend.

One Love.

kath said...

Ah you have a long weekend, have fun.

sunnymama said...

I enjoyed your random thoughts! Sending you a boat load of harmony and love too (what a wonderful expression). Have a happy weekend :)

Cam said...

You go girl, Ms Burns!!

Vchelle, should I find a winning lottery ticket (cause we don't play), we will take that retreat. It will be a blog party unlike any other. Ahh...a girl can dream huh? Steel drums, fruity drinks, massages... heaven on earth if you ask me!

Happy long weekend. I hope you and your little partner in crime get into some fun & mischief! Much love!

Wanda said...

Our only hope is that Cheney continues to show his true colors by continuing to open his mouth so readily.

I, too, am grateful for all those who have served us and died for the greater good. Thank you.