Monday, May 11, 2009

Inspirational Monday: A fit and peaceful way of life

This sweet beauty is Lisa. I tell her that she has a Samurai body (smile) - Hey Lisa!

This lovely beauty is Skyler. I call her the swan body - Hi Skyler!

Lisa and Skyler instructing Bodyflow class - a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi.

Can I just say that I LOVE my gym with an exclamation point? Ok. I love, love my gym! There are many gyms that I have whined, moaned and flat out denied myself of a good workout because it wasn’t fun to go. With the hard bodies and muscles flexing all over the place, I felt defeated before I even attempted to get my dream body. I sighed....oh, I sighed...

But, Bodyplex, my gym now, is such a warm spirited place to visit. I look forward to going! Can you believe that? From the new-age technological equipment to the group fitness classes, my gym is the bomb (ok translation: excellent)! My preference is the group fitness classes. I won't go into all of them but you can visit Bodyplex's website to see all the details. No pre-planning needed for me about what body part to work. It is all mapped out for me. All I have to do is show up. And I can’t mention the group fitness classes without mentioning the instructors. They are superb! My two favorite instructors are Lisa and Skyler, the beautiful, vivacious and talented instructors who make me smile and feel so good about my body. They are my inspiration!

Lisa's smile and personality attracted me to her the first time I took her class. She is so passionate about making us feel like we can do anything with a little patience with ourselves. She has the energy of my two-year-old daughter. Have you ever known someone that you just admire, but really can't come up with a specific reason why? That's how I feel about her. Lisa is such a doll! I just love her.

Skyler has the sweetest voice that usually puts me to sleep during the relaxation period of the Bodyflow class. But don't let that sweet voice fool you; the girl will take you on a serious workout ride! Both she and Lisa make me laugh! Skyler's presence is so strong when we are working out, I feel good about her kicking my butt in class. It is such a joy to be in her presence!

I felt the need to mention my gym, Bodyplex, because when we are on our healing journey, regardless of what it is, it so important for us to keep the one body we have moving. Some form of exercise, a positive outlook on this beautiful thing we call life and enriching our bodies with live foods (organic fresh fruits and vegetables - heavy on the green); we experience an ultimate feeling of one love, one peace and one God! Let's live our lives with peace, love and a darn good healthy body!

Who or what inspires you?

Happy Inspirational Monday!

8 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Great advice. We are blessed with one body and I choose to treat it as a temple. The one thing I wish I did more...work out. For now, I'll have to settle with my nature walks. ;-)

http://momentarysolace.blogspot.com/2009/05/inspirational-monday-few-finds.htmlHappy Inspirational Monday!

Gayle said...

What a great place and wonderful instructors you have!

My two youngest kids inspire me to get outside and get moving. Now that the weather it is light outside later, after the dinner cleanup, they always get me outside with them! Oh, I just bought kale to cook for the first time. I have never had it, but have heard it's really good for you. I'm going to make it tonight!

Wanda said...

I am so pleased to report that I am now well enough to go on walks again...and I want to go. The fact that the sun is returning helps a lot.

AND we have an organic garden in our yard this year...heavy on the green.

sunnymama said...

Sounds like a terrific place to go and get some exercise and your instructors sound like lovely women! How wonderful that they inspire you :)
Here's my link for Inspirational Monday:
Breastfeeding: the gentlest thingHappy Inspirational Monday :)

margie said...

what's a gym?

Cam said...

I am so glad you found a place that tones your body and tunes in to your spirit!

It really does make all the difference, doesn't it?

Oh, I can't wait to get started teaching yoga! I wish it were now!!

christina said...

I am inspired by my doctor. She is so beautiful inside and out. Her spirit is full of love. We were talking about yoga on friday. She is just full of the right attitude. I beam each time I see her.

What a wonderful tribute you have here.

one love

Dori said...

Your gym sounds wondeful! :) I'm so glad that you found a great place like that.