Friday, June 19, 2009

Conscious Friday: Body, Mind & Soul


I've been on a mission to detox my body from all of the cheese doodles, barbeque potato chips, Doritos and cookies that I've been sneaking a hand full here and a cup cake there. Although I'm adamant about getting raw green smoothies, juices and wheatgrass in my body daily, my taste of junk food had grown into a ferocious appetite for it. How did I get here you ask? Excellent question and of one I can’t answer!

I began cleansing and let me tell you that when anyone fasts and detox, they will not only detox from the foods that have been stored in the colon but they also detox emotionally. Seven days into my cleanse, I felt like a raving lunatic! I was out of control and feeling horrible! I began detoxing so fast that I had to slow the detox process down. Whew! It's been a crazy journey. I'm starting to feel better and I thank God!

So, if you don't already know, when we take on such a big challenge as a major detox process, please understand that the only way for the toxins to leave our bodies is for it to go through the entire digestive system and this process impacts not just our bodies, but our minds and our souls.


It is worth it because I’m striving for optimum health and I so need it. Please have patience with me while I soar through this effort. I feel your support and presence!

Se'Lah at Necessary Room is the brainchild of Conscious Friday.

Happy Conscious Friday!

11 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

I am always here for you! I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better.

I, for one, am scared to detox too much because only JAH knows what will come out...LOL

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your incredible experience and knowledge with us. Operation You is a staple in my life leaving me constantly craving for more.

Have a Conscious Friday and a divine weekend.

I love you with my BIG heart all the the way to God's house.

Dori said...

I love this post. It called out something in my spirit. As you said, it's a detox for you as a whole person, in mind, body, and spirit. Great spiritual food for thought.

Gayle said...

I'm sending healthy thoughts your way!

Wanda said...

So glad to hear you are slowing your process down. Detox truly can happen too fast and end up causing more problems. I love that you listen to yourself.

I certainly can't speak to your junk food drive; however, I have been reading recently about the importance of fat in our diet and how cultural wisdom about "low fat" is proving to be unhealthy. For me, when I want junk food it is often because I need fat...good fat.

Darcel said...

I have never done a detox before. Maybe I should try it.

Shell said...

Sounds like an intense and freeing experience. I look forward to see what juicy creativity will be coming out of you after your detox.

gennysent said...

That is so wonderful - I hope it becomes a regular part of your life. I detoxed once many years ago and had a horrible headache for several days...I was cutting out sugar and bringing in whole foods like squash...imagine that. It IS very hard but it is also possible. To me, processed foods are the best things to get rid of and the easiest thing to replace with something yummy that is crunchy, what not. Sugar is my hardest, and I do my best to replace with apples or other fruit, but yes, it is hard. You can do it though and it IS life-changing!

Jac said...

Vchelle I am sending you good vibes in your efforts! I'm so pleased you're starting to feel better and are strting to see the benefits.

I've only ever really done a very mini detox where you just eat/drink really healthily for a long weekend to give the body a break! I admire your striving for optimum health and am interested in your progress on your major detox journey (you will have all the patience you need from us. :) These things can't be rushed...

gennysent said...

Vchelle, I couldn't find an email address for you, but wanted to tell you I gave you an award! Please see this post:

http://gennysent.blogspot.com/2009/06/award.html

Love, genny

sunnymama said...

I've never done a detox. I hope it's going well for you :)

Cam said...

I've been looking into this, and with the arrival of my partner-in-crime, I mean, my sister this week, it seems like the perfect time to start taking steps toward this goal!

Much love and pleasant detox vibes sent your way, V!!