Friday, June 5, 2009

Conscious Friday: Women of Darfur

Although I'm late posting Conscious Friday, I had to share in getting this very important message out about the Women of Darfur. I read Se'Lah's of Necessary Room Conscious Friday post and was deeply touched by her words, her conviction and the videos that passionately tell the story of the Women of Darfur.

My Being looks out over the universe and the compassion that fills my body is indescribable. I see them from a distance but I feel them close to my heart.

I send them peace, and peace, and peace...

5 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Thanks for raising your voice for the Women and children of Darfur. In everyday life, we sometimes get lost in our own struggles, that we lose sight of how fortunate we really are. The atrocities in Darfur break my heart.

Gayle said...

The photo goes beautifully with your words, vchelle.

Wanda said...

What a sweet bird shot! Great zoom.

Cam said...

I echo that, girl!

I put the button on my blog, and hopefully if the word keeps getting out, we will finally be able to help our sisters...

sunnymama said...

You are Se'Lah are both such conscious and caring women. I join you in sending peace to the Women of Darfur.