Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Simple Things: Simple is as simple does

These last few weeks, I've totally leaned on the simple things in life to hold my shoulders up, to hold my head up and to lift my Being. When I think of some of the simple things that have cascaded my Being (essence), I smile. I smile because not only do the simple things help me to look for more simple things, but the simple measures remind me of how wonderfully blessed my life is.

Simplicity is medicine for healing and it is our source of staying in the present moment and the present moment is our power! After recognizing that I've recognized a simple thing like making it to the gas station on a hope and a prayer, I feel joy and I feel secure in all that I am! I simply love life.

I simply love the scent of my husband.

I simply love and enjoy the smile of my daughter...

the voice of my husband

the joking of my step-son

the smell of raw greens in my blender

the completion of a yoga class

a good downpour of rain

the chirping of birds while sitting on my front porch

the excitement of a compliment

the words, "You have been accepted to graduate school"

the love...

the peace...

the joy...

the excitement of just Being!

Simple is as simple does and I create and thrive for simplicity. Let's continue to be grateful that we do have the simple things to be grateful for because afterall, this appreciation helps us to blossom through the complex things!

Sending love and joy with simplicity!

Christina at Soul Aperture asked us to participate in acknowledging the simple things on this Wednesday and I'm happy to share on this simple path to enjoyment!

21 comments:

Gayle said...

Your simple list is wonderful! It's funny how the simple things are the real joys in life. Thank you for the reminder!

SE'LAH... said...

I love your simple list...the downpour of rain is wonderful, especially on galvanize roof. You take me away.

Love you with my big heart!

Darcel said...

Thanks for reminding us to enjoy the simple things in life.

Unknown said...

Great list! I too love simple things - just existence. :)

margie said...

it is the simple things in life, isn't it, that make us happy.

christina said...

"a good downpour of rain"

Oh yes, indeed. It is purifying.

Thank you so much, for letting us have a peek into the simple things.

xo

rochambeau said...

Adore your Simple things. Simplicity is medicine for healing. I like that!
I come by way of Christina.


Constance

Tracy said...

The sweetest things... a treasure each one! Thanks for sharing...and so wonderful to find your lovely blog. :o)

Shell said...

Ah, The Love..the downpour of rain..The peace..
Your list truly sparkles.

ELK said...

oh wow this is an amazing and varied list ...you made me grin from ear to ear today!

Elizabeth Halt said...

they are all so simple and yet so incredibly perfect.

Katie in MA said...

What a beautiful list! I found so many people making lovely, loving lists like this one this week, that I had to make my own for Love Thursday.

Thanks for sharing! HLT!

kath said...

perfection!

mademoisellechitchat said...

Beautiful and kind words!

Simply being - this is a challenge, but it is do-able.

bonggamom said...

Beautiful photo and words. Reading that was like taking a deep breath of fresh air :)

Cam said...

Simply lovely list, V...

I am in love with the same things about my life, only I haven't been accepted to grad school yet.

Life is sweet serendipity. I believe that...

:)

Relyn Lawson said...

I love your simple list. Isn't love of family simply the best blessing there is?

Wanda said...

Oh, yes. There is nothing quite as evocative as smells. Ahh....

Jac said...

oh vchelle, such a lovely list full of simplicity and beauty. I love your 'the smell of raw greens in my blender' and the 'excitement of a compliment'. The best bit about all this simple happiness, is how many amazing blogs I've come across thanks to Christina. Happy Friday!

sunnymama said...

What a wonderful list! Simplicity is so powerful :)

Angela Giles Klocke said...

I love posts like this - the very simple nature of a list that really amounts to so much!