Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Love Thursday: Love is just a touch away...


To me, she was just a ghost, sort of a mere thought that shadowed the corner of my mind. She wasn’t real. Then on that early hot summer day as the music from the organ drifted into the streets, she appeared wearing all white because of Communion Sunday at Greater Faith Tabernacle Church of God and Christ. She was the young woman that was overly interested in my boyfriend of four years.

What was happening? “But, we are in love,” I told myself. I was so confused that I really was the outsider watching as the two crafted their relationship around me. One day in my bedroom of my mother’s house, I cried so hard and distinctively remember the hole I felt in the pit of my stomach. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t sleep.

After about three months, “I got a feeling something here is bound to change.” Ten pounds lighter from the “love” diet, I began to smile again and felt alive when a young man touched me on my back to ask for 20 cents to use the pay phone (I’m telling my age, I know). This young man not only became my friend, but he helped me to identify the love I already had for myself. He was an angel sent specifically to help me. Love is just a touch away!

So, for all of you who have opened your heart to love only to get the wind knocked out of your soul and your heart, please, take a deep breath and just keep holding on. Feel the calmness inside and feel the energy you are. You are beautiful. You are strong. You are the powerful Being that is giving this world life. Love is just a touch away!

Happy Love Thursday! Sending positive energy your way, always.

Photo taken by: Makeda Photography (click to see more photos)

Listen to your heart: Freddie Jackson - Love is Just a Touch


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so incredibly insightful!

Anonymous said...

You had me hooked from the first line. What a true concept. Happy Love Thursday my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

It's such a simple and powerful message. I wish more women knew this in their hearts during the difficult times as well as they knew it during the happy times. Thanks for sharing so that they will hear this and know it is true!

Happy Love Thursday!

Anonymous said...

This message really felt good. It opened up my heart a little. Love, it seems it never wants to come my way. I have hope!!!!!!!!!