Monday, July 20, 2009

Inspirational Monday: A wave of inspiration


Gracepoint Church hosted a block party for a few subdivisions in our community this past Saturday to introduce themselves, offer fellowship and to get a chance to meet all the communities in the area where they worship. As you know, Jannah, my nieces and I love to get out and meet and greet beautiful souls with anticipation that we will and they will be delighted in joy! We like presence with a purpose to celebrate with smiles and share love. We did just that!

I love witnessing the level of expectation when visiting events like this because everyone expects a smile, a touch, a hug, laughter, good thoughts, great feelings and most importantly, peace. And the most incredible feeling about this expectation is that we are complete strangers wanting and desiring to express peace, love and appreciation. That's awesome!

We attract what we are.

From the fantastic inspirational band that really touched my Being to the warm souls that greeted each child with a sincere smile while creating animal balloons, making ice cones, serving food, guiding their fun on the water slide and inflatable ballon, Gracepoint Church created such a wave of inspiration. Some call it a slogan, but I call it their aim, Gracepointe Church, "where you belong," is a body of love, hope, faith and beautiful intentions. We all deserve to belong! How can I not visit?

Take a look at the photos below and feel the joy! Special shout out to Kay. Hi Kay! She pulled up chairs for my nieces to sit and enjoy the inspirational band with her without saying a word. She just did it. Her son was in the band. We began to share and I guess our energies were beating strong because Jannah grabbed the camera from me and took our picture! Kay is such a warm and sweet Being!

Who or what inspires you?

Happy Inspirational Monday!








8 comments:

Gayle said...

What a wonderful time that must have been! I love your statement, "We all deserve to belong!" How true that is and how good it feels to belong somewhere. Thank you for the inspiration this morning!

I'm sorry my comment section is giving you a hard time. I don't know why, but I'll try to figure it out. I'm not very good at the technical stuff!

SE'LAH... said...

I LOVE IT!! Wish I was there to join in the celebration. Jannah is becoming quite the photographer :).

Seeking peace
love the journey.

One Love Sis.

Kate said...

Looks like great fun and inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

kath said...

Lately all of my blog friends are inspiring me. Inspiring me to be more conscious about myself and the world around me, to try a little bit harder, to have the confidence in myself that they all appear to have in me .... so my answer is YOU!

Cam said...

How much fun was THAT? And look at little Miss Jannah having a blast!

The only thing that could have made it better, if it had been in our neighborhood and we walked to it together...

PS...

that header ROCKS, girlfriend!

sunnymama said...

This looks fun! What a sweet post and Jannah is such a cutie :)

sunnymama said...

Oh, forgot to add my Inspirational Monday post was Classrooms of the Heart. Sorry I didn't get here sooner, it's great to catch up on your inspiration now though :)

Dori said...

Jannah is beautiful! And what a lovely time. I can feel the good vibes through the photos. I'm so glad you had a great time :)