Thursday, April 30, 2009

He's the perfect man...

I love this photo taken by Se'Lah at Necessary Room - I just had to borrow it for this post.

Love is solid as a rock!

To all of the women out there who are dating, I stand with you in wisdom, support and excitement! Don't give up ladies. Love is just a touch away!

At twenty-seven, I told my then roommate, "The first man that picks me up, takes me on a date, gives me a kiss goodnight on the cheek, and say goodbye would be the man I marry." Yes, my friends in blogsphere, it had come down to this simple 1-2-3-step process in determining what type of man I just spent time with on a date.

Dating is such a trip! It had gotten to the point where I fired off these questions when approached for a date: Do you have a wife? Do you have someone that think she's your wife? Do you have a job? Do you have a driver's license? Do you have an address? Not to give you my version of a Sex and the City episode but even after all of this interrogation, the end result of the first date would sometimes be such a downer. If he didn't attack my throat with his tongue, one would grab a hunk of my backside. I was sooo over dating. I know you are laughing and I am too.

I'm so happy and honored to say that the first man that passed my 1-2-3-step process is the man I married. My husband is authentic and has a special way with words. I can understand the plot of an entire book from just one of his sentences which sometimes consist of five words. He's strong. He's confident and positive. He reigns peace and loves and recognizes our Creator as his source. My second favorite, he is so supportive and he tells me I'm the most beautiful, intelligent, courageous, loving and peaceful woman. He's the perfect man for me.

To Mr. R: I'm listening to my heart this morning and dedicating this song to you.

Go ahead blog friends, shake your shoulders and snap your fingers to this sound...I sure did.

Happy Love Thursday!

Listen to your heart: Jennifer Hudson - Love You I Do

15 comments:

cjaxon said...

It is amazing how simple love really is WHEN IT IS RIGHT! Congratulations on your Mr. Right!

SE'LAH... said...

He is Mr. Right for you and people, believe me when I tell you, he's got game!

I love to watch the two of you together. I've learned so much about love and marriage. So kind, pure and always approach each other with love.

Happy Love Thursday Mrs. Right!

Sara said...

So glad that you found each other. Real love never leads you wrong.
Happy Love Thursday!

margie said...

finding the right person, and i am lucky, i have twice done that, with my late husband and my current partner, means that you love to love them. that loving them is more fun and rewarding then being loved by them. i hope this makes sense!! have a great day.

kath said...

I too found Mr. Right after deciding that I would just wait until he knocked on my door. People pointed and laughed and said, "That girl needs help" But I knew in my heart of hearts that that is how I would find him, by him finding me!
Great post .... and Se'Lah - great Photo ....
HLT
Kath

sunnymama said...

Oh, he does sound perfect :)
What a beautiful post, and Se'Lah's picture is perfect to accompany it. Happy Love Thursday!

Katie in MA said...

Love always feels truer and more selfless than anything else in this whole beautiful world. Such a great post!

Happy Love Thursday!

Unknown said...

True love is amazing!

Happy Love Thursday!

Gayle said...

What a sweet and wonderful post! Your husband does sound like the perfect man! Happy Love Thursday!

Wanda said...

Beautiful! Love is as simple as 1 - 2 - 3!

Cam said...

It's that perfect spiritual, planetary, and phyical alignment, that inspires me every time! True love is a blessing!

I could totally hear some Etta James singin' about the love of her man in that post, by the way. So, I just stuck her Love Songs in the player, and she will serenade me for the rest of this Love Thursday!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when you guys met...it happened exactly like that 1-2-3 and you were married. He loves you so much. His heart is as big as yours. You're a perfect match.

Love
Kim

Unknown said...

Ahh, he sounds perfect for you! Dating bites! Glad I don't have to do it either. :)

Angela said...

Wow, I guess when you have a plan, it works! Happy Love Thursday to you, and thanks for stopping by.

Shalet said...

He sounds like a wonderful man and you a lucky gal. Happy Love Thursday!