Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tea Party!


Oh yes! It was such glorious day at the Renaissance Elementary Girl Scouts Mother & Daughter Tea Treasured Moments. It was a perfect day in terms of weather. Mrs. Barbara (click here to read about her) and her team of explicit organizers did a fantastic job at bringing elegance and sophistication to our tea party. We were all smiles!

When I took Jannah to the ladies room, she and I both were impressed that even it had a touch of class. Jannah said, “Mommy, this bathroom is beautiful – everything in beautiful.” I agreed of course.

From the entertainment to the beautifully presented and tasty food and finally, to the gorgeous mothers and daughters that brought this event to life, it was such an extraordinary day! Again, I am so humbly excited to have been a part of such an event. Beautiful and inviting spirits were everywhere!

So, without further due, I present you the tea party. Enjoy!

The event began with a prelude, welcome address and the Girl Scout Promise and Law were shared. The entertainment kicked off with a ballet dance by the Tayo Reed Academy of Dance. Jannah and I got lost so we missed this dance and she was really disappointed, as she wants to be a ballerina.

Next, a violin and cello selection (sorry for the photo quality)
Miss. Christyn Ashby sang the song "Hero" by Mariah Carey. This little beauty did an excellent job!

J and I at our table. All the little girls received tiaras upon arrival! That was special! We played a game, "How well do you know your daughter and How well do you know your mother." It was too cute!

The next several photos are of the lovely table and food settings. Simply divine!

Sweet poem on a bookmarker...






Sonya and her daughter, Cyiara and Jannah played the game, "How well do you know..."



Jayla, Barbara's daughter, and Jannah - Can't you see the love?


Lovely lady serving tea after we received an explanation of tea and it's orgin followed by a lesson on the proper way to drink tea - notice the white gloves...beautiful!

Sugar with your tea?



Cyiara and Jannah - aren't they precious?

Jasma, Barbara's daughter - she was a big help to her mom and she has such a beautiful presence!

I took my hat for a breather and guess who just had to try it on! She looks adorable!

At the end of the event, all the girls were called up on stage so that we mothers could capture our beautiful daughters looking like princesses!


Jannah played before we left - She felt so free!


After our exciting day, we were ready to relax!

Thanks for stopping by! I feel your presence!

11 comments:

sunnymama said...

These photos are so wonderful, I feel like I was at the tea party in spirit now if not in person. The table settings are exquisite and everyone looks like they're having a lovely time. I especially like the first picture of your pretty daughter drinking from the pretty teacup, so dainty and elegant. Thank you for sharing this special event with us :)
Thank you also for your kind comments on my blog. I love visiting Operation You, it always brightens my day!

SE'LAH... said...

OMG!!! You need not go to London. Barbara and her team brought it! WOW!!! You are all so beautiful. I bet Jannah must have felt like the princess that she is.

Soooo happy for you both!

Wanda said...

Wow. Simply gorgeous. This was even more elegant than our High Tea at the Empress in Victoria!

Anonymous said...

Jannah look so adorable...she is ready to have tea with the Queen of England. Eveything looks absoutely elegant. I'm happy you both enjoyed this wonderful time together.

Love,
Kim

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there! Beautiful! You and Jannah look simply lovely!! Such pretty smiles!

christina said...

Now this is wonderful! You all are so beautiful! I love tea time! Go girls!

margie said...

okay the two of you are just gorgeous. what can i say but, awwww.

Gayle said...

Oh, vchelle, that is so special and precious! Mrs. Barbara and her team did an incredible job. I think it is so wonderful that they paid such attention to detail to make it even more special! This post made me smile!

Katie in MA said...

Wow, it looks like you two and your friends had a perfect day! What a lovely idea. I bet your girls remember these tea parties for years to come!

(P.S. - what a gorgeous home!)

Happy Love Thursday!

ELK said...

love shows in every image taken! ~HLT

deedee said...

A lovely tea party!