Monday, April 13, 2009

JAH Works...

It is a pleasure to make a guest appearance here on Operation You. I am so honoured and deeply humbled that Vchelle has invited me into her personal space to share some of my unedited thoughts with you. She has absolutely no idea of what my topic will be so let's just keep this between ourselves.

Vchelle has grown into one of my bestest friends ever and I am forever grateful that our spirits have interconnected on this, our human journey. In one of my darkest hours, I reached out to Vchelle. My spirit moved me to call her when we lost her sister Doris, my daughter's godmother, to breast cancer. Understandably, I only reached her voicemail. Although Vchelle had never met me in person previously, she did not hesitate in returning my phone call and making me feel welcome into her family's circle during this undoubtedly intimate time. I felt comforted in the warmth of her spirit...it was so intense. I was absolutely amazed and deeply touched that instead of mourning, this woman, who had just lost her sister, was comforting me.

I met Vchelle briefly at the celebration of life services for Doris. Barely containing myself, I watched as she gracefully walked the halls of the funeral parlour greeting every guest. I immediately knew it was her because of her uncanny resemblance to Doris. It was so difficult looking at her but I couldn't help it. Her presence commanded attention. I commented to my friend who accompanied me, "This is one strong woman...I certainly could not be that strong were the situations reversed."

Since that day, Vchelle has been a source of comfort, strength, encouragement, and unyielding love (among many other things). I could not hold back the tears when she called me one day and said, "I am not trying to replace Doris but please allow me to be your daughter's godmother on her behalf." She is ridiculously sweet and I often tease her that she is going to give me insulin shock as a result.

As a Rasta woman, I do believe that the spirit which resides within each of us, is in fact the Holy Spirit. JAH is in within each of us.

So as you go about your day, I pray that you will look deep within your very soul and find peace regardless of any situation you may be facing. Have no fear because as long as JAH is on your side, you will be okay. HE will never leave nor forsake you. Always look to the bright side of life because every once in a while, you will cross paths with one of His angels.

One Love, Se'Lah

Listen to your heart:
*Buju Banton & Morgan Heritage: Psalms 23

13 comments:

sunnymama said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful friendship. You are both inspiring women!

Cam said...

Just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this love.

One love...

Operaton You said...

Part I - Thank you! Give me a chance to reflect on this.... INSULIN SHOT!!!!

Gayle said...

Very beautiful! I think both of you are quite amazing women.

Gabrielle Kai Photography said...

So beautiful - I love to hear stories of fellowship and friendship!

Operaton You said...

When I invited Se'Lah to post to OY, I didn't really know what to expect. I'm so humbled by her words that I'm speechless. Yes, I AM SPEECHLESS.

When you are blessed with such sincere, authentic friends as I have, my GOD, what else is there?

Thank you Se'Lah! I love you with my BIG heart!

P.S. Happy Birthday to another one of my beautiful, warm and loving friends, Kim!!!!

Operaton You said...

Ok P.S. You have to listen to that video/song. Talk about serenity!!! Take a listen...

christina said...

Ah yes, Jah... he works. He is working through you both. Beautifully, I might add.

One love.

Wanda said...

ah...yes. You are both amazing women. I agree. Thank the lord for friendships...no matter how they begin.

margie said...

not knowing the connection, yet i still felt there was something very strong between the two of you. this is a beautiful story. a story of one love, for doris, that has carried over to the two of you. jah bless.

SE'LAH... said...

What wonderful thoughts shared by all. I enjoyed my special assignment here. Somehow, Vchelle found out about my little escapade so I am going to run back to my Necessary Room now.

One Love, Se'Lah

Katie in MA said...

Sounds like you get to encounter one of his angels pretty regularly! :) Friendship, grace, and love are beautiful and precious, indeed.

Happy Love Thursday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Happy Love Thursday!