Friday, April 17, 2009

Conscious Friday: How was your good day?

With her daddy's baseball cap and sunglasses (notice they are upside down) and my bargain red shoes on, she asked her famous question.

I spend most of my working days alone in my office. I could easily work twelve hours a day, everyday. I admit that there are days that I have to really take long and deep breaths and accept my job, accept my job responsibilities and accept, accept and accept.

One perk of my job is that I work at home full time saving lots of money and spending such quality time with my family. The disadvantage, I'm totally cut off from the physical presence of others. Yeah, sure, I have the telephone and the internet, but I need and gladly find out-of-my-home presence.

However; my daughter, Jannah, a three-year old energetic, loving and vivacious girl that often surpass my expectations when using her imagination, always has a way with words (one of her father’s attributes). After working 11 hours one day this week, Jannah came to me and said, "Mommy how was your good day?" I laughed and said, "My good day was wonderful, sweetie!"

So today, consciously ask someone, "How is your good day?"

Happy Conscious Friday!
(....the conscious creation of Se'Lah over at Necessary Room)

9 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Exhale...my good day is great.

J. is rocking her gear, upside down, backwards, too big and all. She makes me smile.

Gayle said...

My good day just got even better! I love this post and Jannah is such a cutie! Her picture makes me smile big!

margie said...

my good day is good as well. sun is shining, the weather is sweet. what more could you ask for on a friday?

Wanda said...

How's that for an embedded assumption? Works for me!

sunnymama said...

We had a lovely good day today! I love Jannah's way of putting it. Years ago I decided to stop using the term 'bad day' as there isn't really such a thing, it's just a day. But actually I think Jannah's right, everyday is just a good day! I think I will start using her expression too.

She sounds a very special little girl :) I love the upside-down sunglasses, that's how sunnyboy wears his as well!

Cam said...

Will do, and I second Se'lah, she is ROCKIN that outfit!

ELK said...

what a smart kiddo ~i will remember to use that question..thanks for your special comments
...
elk

Unknown said...

I think we should all always ask the question that way! So how was your good day? :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh sookie, sookie now. Jannah looks so cute! I wish I was there to see her in action...rockin mommy heels with her pose! I know her good day was great! Auntie Kim love you Jannah!