Sunday, April 5, 2009

Inspirational Monday: Journey to friendship...

We have both written about my sister Doris. We both love and miss her essence more than words can express. After my sister’s spirit transcended, I really don’t recall meeting her or anyone else for that matter during the week leading up to Doris’ “celebration-of-life” service. Most events were a complete fog to me. I sometimes wondered if the fog wasn’t there, would I have made it through such a shaky period of my life.

Then one day, she called. I listened to her explanation for calling me (as if she needed one). The minute I heard her words, “I need closure,” my Being knew that she was to help me as I was to help her. I don’t remember much of our conversation afterwards, but I felt her strong, assertive, loving and passionate Presence. She valued not just the opportunity to talk with me, but she LEAPED at the opportunity to help me heal physically.

The inspiration I receive and digest from her is pure and sincere. She often encourages me and inspires me to go deeper into the veins of life in order to share my triumphs with you.

All of you in blogsphere know her as Se’Lah. I know her as determination, perseverance, compassionate with rapid-moving love and a deep sense of kindness. She is my friend and I’m simply inspired by all that she is…

Even though we no longer can see Doris, I know that she is the angel that kissed our lives on this long and beautiful journey to friendship. I am so grateful to our Creator for allowing Doris to be the angel of this communion.

Who or what inspires you?

One love… Happy Inspirational Monday!

Se'Lah, thank you for listening to your heart. Enjoy!

Listen to your heart: Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry

7 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Now, you REALLY gone and did it this time! Why you trying to make me cry? (happy tears, of course)!!!

I am sincerely touched and thankful you are in my life. You are truly one-of-a-kind and will be a treasured friend for always.

If only people knew how deep yet simple, loving yet strong, giving and nurturing, YOU, vchelle, the spiritual Being is, they'd understand why I can't help but being your friend. It's like that sunrise I posted about...your beauty lies within your soul and nothing can deny it shining upon the world.

As my daughter says, "I love you...all the way to God's house!"

Happy Inspirational Monday!

Here's my link: http://momentarysolace.blogspot.com/2009/04/inspirational-monday-sun-day.html

sunnymama said...

Such a beautiful piece of writing and so clearly straight from the heart. You obviously have a wonderful friendship and your appreciation of that friendship is inspiring. I've only knowm Se'Lah in Blogosphere for less than two weeks but I have already seen all the qualities you have talked about. You too have shown those qualities in your lovely posts and the comments you have left for me. I appreciate you both for leading me to Inspirational Monday.

Here's my link:
Rampage of Invincibility

margie said...

kath and i have only recently met se'lah, through our blogs. i am so happy to read this post because she really does seem to be a very special person. you are lucky to actually have her in your life. this is a touching post.

christina said...

I love SE'LAh! She has a beautiful spirit and a kind heart. "Meeting" her affirmed that, what is to be will be. If I hadn't had a blog or we didn't share the same passions...

Our friendship reminds me, that God is able.

Ya know what? Although I didn't know Doris, I like to picture her smiling down on all of us, just chatting away about her and this and that...

xo

Relyn Lawson said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friendship. I am just beginning to know Se'lah, but all you wrote feels familiar.

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful lady! :)

Gayle said...

I met Se'Lah through our blogs recently and it is very clear that she has a beautiful spirit! I can tell that you are both proud to call each other friend.