Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When Love Calls - From a Relative

Have you ever encountered a friendship or a relative that you simply don't understand how to relate to them? No matter how present you are and want to be; sometimes it feels like the two of you are missing the same vibrational beat.

I recently wrote an email to my aunt explaining to her a feeling that came over me while I was in the middle of preparing dinner for my family. I immediately and abruptly (as I always do when I write) removed myself from the kitchen and sat down to write her. What came out of me in the email was something that I felt needed to be said or else I would not have said it. It is amazing. No matter what the words display when we accept perceived challenges, love and forgiveness should be the motivators behind those words.

Then, I took a deep breath and let it go. When love calls, we must answer loudly, boldly and we must answer with sincere and compassionate love. In response, you receive love and most importantly we both radically forgive.

This was my aunt's final response: I love you... (I didn't actually know how to paste the animation in here but this smiley face opened up with the words... I love you).
My response to her: We are what we look for in others... I love you with my BIG heart (words spoken by my daughter, Ms. J.)

Listen to your heart: Ky-Mani Marley - Who We Are

7 comments:

margie said...

i agree one hundred percent!! i often say there are words in my mouth, i have to get them out now because it is now that they are important.

Anonymous said...

"Love...it never fails."

Love Kim

SE'LAH... said...

Fantastic!!!

I hope your words of love truly opened, not only her eyes, but her heart.

katie in ma said...

I love the idea that we are what we look for in others. I am going to spend a lot of time today thinking about that, and what that means for me and who I am in my life. Thank you for writing that!

sunnymama said...

Wonderful post! I love your daughters saying, I love you with my BIG heart, that sums it all up so beautifully :)

Gayle said...

I love your response! You are a wise woman. Your daughter's words are beautiful! She is learning from her mom and you are learning from her! Perfect!

Wanda said...

When the spirit moves, the best option is to respond. Love.